This is a free online information service, covering topics such as scholarly publishing, avoiding questionable publishing practices, open access, open educational resources, access to knowledge, copyright and related matters, library matters, including institutional repositories and digitisation projects, access issues related to people with disabilities, and other topics. Should you not wish to receive these emails anymore, please send an email to email@example.com with “Unsubscribe to online service” in the subject field.
- Amendment passes to grant teachers fair use of copyrighted work remotely
- CC at SCCR 42 — A Look Back at the WIPO Copyright Meeting
- Compliance of National TDM Rules with International Copyright Law – An Overrated Nonissue?
- Copyright and Covid: Libraries Take Stock
- DOHA Twenty Years On – Has the Promise Been Betrayed?
- Ed Sheeran Addresses Copyright Lawsuit: ‘No Other Choice’ But to Fight in Court
- Google resolves French copyright dispute over online content
- How can you save a dying language when copyright lets somebody own its key learning materials?
- How well did copyright laws serve libraries during COVID-19? – Research Report
- Intellectual property framework responses to health emergencies – options for Africa
- NFT Art 101 Conference discusses copyright issues
- The Tangled Truth and NFTs and Copyright
- The Ultimate Guide to Copyright-Free Images
- 20 New Copyright Policy Recommendations
- User Rights in WIPO Broadcast Treaty Must Be Strengthened
- Will the EU’s directive on copyright in the digital market change the power balance of the music industry? Views from Norway
- WIPO SCCR/42: Limitations and exceptions discussions advance
- WIPO SCCR/42: Why broadcast matters
- New WTO deal waters down vaccine IP rights – but it came too late
- OPINION | New WTO deal is a slap in the face for poorer countries
- Patel: WTO deal not first prize, but will help SA against new Covid variants
- Trade, Industry and Competition on World Trade Organisation landmark agreement
- TRIPS Waiver: An Insufficient Multilateral Response. Trips-Consistent National Actions Are Called For
- WTO Finally Agrees on a TRIPS Deal. But not Everyone is Happy
- WTO TRIPS Waiver and Essential Security Rights in 2022
- Fair Use Evaluator
- Fair Use Week 2022: Why Does Fair Use Matter to Research?
- Law and Literacy in Non-Consumptive Text Mining: Guiding Researchers Through the Landscape of Computational Text Analysis
- Rightsholders acknowledge the importance of fair use to creativity in Andy Warhol case
- Why YouTube Can Exist | Sony v. Universal
Open Access, A2K & Scholarly Communication
- #Ebooksos Librarians Frozen Out of Government ‘Stakeholder’ Talks On ‘Solutions’ for the Continuing Ebook Crisis
- Controlled Digital Lending
- Fidelior Digital Service to help avoid Questionable Publishing Practices
- The empty library? The urgency of solutions to unsustainable eBook markets.